Monday, February 9, 2009

Time

Time.

It is something that is relevant to everyone.

People age with time. People forget in time.

Time affects everything.

Buildings, they demolish themselves into obliteration after being left for years,
decades, to be exact.

Metal rusts, trees fall, rivers dry up, only to be made anew.

I know, for I have experienced these things.

For me, time is irrelevant, for I have never aged.

No, I have seen Man's marvels. I have seen Man's foolishness.

The massacre of millions in 2 wars that almost brought the world itself into ruin.

Such idiocy, such foolhardiness.

But I am not alone. Time is irrelevant to others, too.

Just ask my friend, Eddy.

He, like me, never ages.

I enjoyed spending time with him. I enjoyed hanging out with his family.

Oh, such a lively bunch.

I loved playing baseball with them. Thunder always seemed to follow us whenever we played.

They were so hospitable to me. So kind. All 8 of them.

Eddy was never really fond of me calling him Eddy. His sister, Alice, loved it though.

She kept calling him Eddy in singsong. He wasn't amused. Then I started calling Alice as Ally.

Eddy laughed. Alice hugged me tightly. She loved it.

They all did.

Eddy, Emmy, Ally, Jaspy, Edmy, Rosy, Esmy, and Carly.

Edmy didn't like his too. It made him sound like a girl. The rest agreed, and happily called him Edmy.

It was nice, to be with them. I'll always remember them.

Especially Eddy Cully. He was a different guy altogether.

He and Emmy are such a cute couple.


No comments: