Monday, February 2, 2009

High on Fun

The time is 6:33 a.m.

No, I didn't get up early.

I didn't sleep.

No one did, not at my place.
Well, except her. She's tired.

See, my parents decided to hold a semi-open-house, more like a gathering of sorts for this last day of Chinese New Year.
All my relatives came. Some of my parents' friends came too.

The whole thing started at about 7:30 p.m.
It went on with TV, cards and laptops.

All the adults, and some of the kids were busy gambling.
Then by 3 a.m some people left.

Still, almost 80% of the initial crowd is still here.
And some of the adults are quite high from the earlier beer and liquor.
They're a fun crowd.

She wanted to sleep, so she slept on the platform near the gambling table.
They were considerate enough not be too loud.
Then at about 3 a.m., she asked me to put a blanket on her.
I did, and the adults thought I was being a thoughtful gentleman.
I'm not disagreeing with them on that matter.

Now I'm next to her, blogging this entry as she's still dreaming.
She looks so cute when she's asleep.
This is the farthest I ever went without sleeping.
I think it's the same for the rest!

All I know is that all things considered, this is the best CNY party this year yet.
She's stirring now, just as the party's now ending.
Maybe I should wake her?
No, I'll leave her as it is. I'll let my princess rest.
It's the least I could do for her.

Oh, she woke up. An now they're leaving.
Sigh...She's so adorable even if she's groggy.
As she got up, I glanced at the mirror and looked at myself.
Will this face ever win her heart? When her heart already belongs to another?

I don't know. But as long as I can be close to her, even as just cousins,
It'll have to do. For now.

No comments: