Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Frozen Water

Wednesday was supposed to be my day-off.

Guess there's no rest for the wicked, then.

Went ice-skating today for the first time since I was
5 years old.

Weee~

It was something new, let me tell you that.

Those whom I know can skate always tell me one thing:
Falling is a necessity. It helps you to learn further.

I agree with it.
And that's why I don not feel embarrassed to say that
I fell about 5 times.

Seriously.

And I got blisters.
I'm talking about making my foot's skin peel off from skating,
and boy does it hurt...

Before you decide to skip the less acceptable parts,
met me make this clear.
My wound's a minor flesh wound.
No blood or bones or whatever gory nonsense that comes to mind.

So even as I sit here at 1.30 in the morning,
I can still feel the sore muscles aching against myself.

Why am I up so late?
I'm finishing up my CG (Computer Graphics)
work for Friday afternoon's class.

Here it is.



Basically all we need to do is trace an anime picture with the pen tool,
which can handle straight and curved lines if you know how to.

Sounds simple?

It isn't.

Let's just say it's a real taxing work, but nothing too hard that I can't handle.

But y'know what?

You think my art's good?

Wait till you see what some of my friends & fellow classmates can do.




This is Yi Pin's trace.
Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2.

Yes, he traced and colored this picture in.

With a mouse.

I took 4 layers in Adobe Illustrator to construct mine.
Know how many he took?

300+!!!

300-over LAYERS!!!

He told me that it took him several days,
amounting to over 24 hours in terms of time spent on this baby.

And to be honest?
She's beautiful.
Seriously!

He's simply a genius at this,
and honestly?

My self-esteem just took a nose-dive
that'll end up crashing into oblivion on
the cold, hard ground.

I suffer from low self-esteem issues often,
and this just amounted to a Hiroshima or a Nagasaki to it.

I don't know lah...

We're supposed to have a friendly competitive streak
with each other in class,
but the competition amongst some is just too great!


But I am truly thankful for one thing.
We're really like one family within CD0905-2.


What we lack as individuals,
we make up for it as a team.


Good job Yi Pin.
And to everyone else too.
I know you did your best.


No comments: