Friday, June 12, 2009

Eden

For many moons I have known you,
of whom thy radiance is unparalleled,
understanding, kind, and just.

Thy words mean more
than the blades of men,
whose cold steel is nothing
in comparison to your resolute.

You are a garden,
untouched and protected
from the filth that is a man's touch.

Your flowers, as beautiful as they are,
bear thorns to shield you from these wretched men.
I have but made my way through said thorns,
only to find myself standing yet on the edges of the garden,
denied further entry as of yet.

It is not my place to intrude,
and neither is it the right of others.

Oh yes,
there are many that seek you,
only to reap the fruits
but not to appreciate the beauty within.

These half-breeds,
so acceptable in appearance as it seems,
yet vile and disgusting inside
that I, as a male myself,
know of their inner side,
what lies beneath their veil.

Maybe you do to.
Of great wisdom and intelligence,
your mind is as beautiful as everything else that you are,
that you can see them for who they are,
that you can hold your ground and distance against them.

It is my wish to help.
Oh, if only I could shun them away from you myself,
to shield you from whatever malice they have,
or make them taste the unforgiving wrath of cold, hard steel
as I will strike them down.

I may seem selfish, judgmental, prejudiced,
but it is because it is my duty to protect you,
even if you can do it so well by yourself.

I feel obliged,
duty-called,
honor-bound.

I pray to Him that it is His will that we have met,
seemingly coincidental as it was,
as we are both children under Him.

How is it that I never recognized you when we were so much younger?
How is it that your beauty, elegance and wonder
never caught hold of me then?

It matters not now, I fathom.

You are my Eden.

What I have for you is not a fleeting fancy,
not puppy love,
but something deeper than that,
my fair maiden.

It is hard to explain,
difficult to describe,
but it is real.


It is just as real as you are.

No comments: