Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fall

It happens to the worst of us.
It happens to the best of us.


I've know you since we were little.
I've known your brother since we were little too.

My mum knew your mum since they were both in primary school.

It was by His Grace that we all knew one another.

When we were young, all 3 of us used to be such good buddies,
along with the other 2.

Because all our mothers knew one another from primary and secondary school,
3 families were brought together,
2 sets of families with a brother and a sister each,
and me being the only child back then.

I used to love hanging around with you all,
then we grew distant.

We lost touch.
All of us.

Then we met again in church.

Old friendships rekindled.

Your brother grew so much.
He's my age, but he's bigger and taller than me!
We used to almost be the same height when we were younger,
him and I!

You grew up too.
Beautiful, at such a young age.
I grew more attracted to you as the times passed,
even as I rarely got to see you.

You lived your own life.
I lived my own.

I laughed several times when I figured that
what I felt for you was almost similar to that of the
Harry Potter fashion.

Why?

Because Harry fell in love with his best friend's sister.
And alot of people always say I look like good ol' Harry for some reason...
Well, technically he wasn't my best friend,
but you did look like Ginny Weasley.

Eventhough that feeling is gone now,
I still care for you.
You're like the little sister I never had.

And because of that,
it eats me up inside to hear what happened.

I know I have no right to get into your business,
but it worries me, nevertheless.

You always seemed the good girl.
You always seemed polite, respectful, kind.
Like her.

But I now understand that I never knew you well enough.
I'm not saying you're a bad girl or whatever.
I'm just stating that even the best of us fall.

I never liked drinking.
Neither should you.

What ever happened,
I hope you learned your lesson from it.

I know that you're a good girl inside.
I know that you may not be perfect.

Heck, no one is.

What we humans fail to realize time and time again
is the simple, painful, but sobering truth.

No one is perfect.
No one will ever be perfect.

It is that imperfection
that gives humanity its edge.

So don't strive to be perfect.
Don't try to do what others do.

Do your own thing.
Make your own style.
Don't fall into peer pressure.

Trust me, it doesn't do you any good.

Stay safe, sis.

I care for you still.

Sincerely yours,

Leon
-your distant, invisible brother, but a brother still-

No comments: