Friday, May 8, 2009

Fathoms

Yesterday was rather hectic.

Once again I had to wake up early to catch a ride with my folks and my brother
so I could get to Terry's place.
See, he's my ride to Times Square for a gathering with some of the guys
and for the 2nd day of Induction at TOA.

Jason, Wei Yei, Terry and I decided to meet up for a 'last-time' gathering of somewhat
because we're all starting college or Form 6 soon, and thus cutting off most of our free time.

We met them at McDonald's, with Lucas and Nigel too, as an added bonus,
and Eric Leong joined us not long after.

Actually this entire thing was organized by Jian Liang(Sensei) but he never showed up.
The ironic part was that before me & Terry went to Times Square, we
made a detour to MBS for awhile and spoke to Sensei there!

Fast forward, we ended up going to Krispy Kreme to see what the hype was all about.
We bought a dozen if the glazed ones, and I found it to be quite good.
Nevertheless, it was too sweet to be taken without a drink.

After that we spent some more time walking around before crashing at Subway for lunch.
It was almost twice the amount of the McValue meals, but it was a nice, for one thing.

After that, Terry and I decided to leave because we were
supposed to reach TOA by 2 for the Induction, and got there by the NPE highway.

Allow me to stress how freaking expensive that toll is.
RM3.20 for a one-way journey, 6.40 for a two-way back after we're going back.

Anyway, half the Induction was spent without the privellage of air-conditioning
due to an electrical glitch with TNB.

After that was all over and done with, we got a tour of the campus.
See, TOA may look small, but it consists of several other blocks that holds the other classes.
(Mental note to self: Always bring a handkerchief...)

I need to be thankful to God because eventhough Terry's in the late batch of intakes,
he'll be in the same class as me once he starts, so our schedules are more-or-less lined up,
thus not jeapordizing our carpool plans.

I noticed that there are several girls in my class
that have a tendency to avert my attention every once in awhile,
but I'm not keen on chasing them like those other hormonal steroetypes...

I have to be honest with you guys.
I'd be happy if I have a girlfriend,
but I'm not desperate.
I know that studies will have to come first, so I can wait.

But asides from that,
I can't help but wonder how it feels like to actually hold a girl in my arms,
to care for her, to love her, to protect her...
I know it's just my hormones kicking in again,
and I've been a lovesick romantic since I was in kindergarten...
but hey, if they can wait, then so can I.

Trisha made a good point in one of her posts.
She said that she'll be an independant girl,
who doesn't need a boyfriend or husband to support her
like how the previous generations played it out.

I respect girls like that.
Girls that know that they are strong, independant, and can hold thier own ground.

I only know 3 so far that are these kind of girls.
Want me to list them out?
Fine.

Rose.
Trisha.
Ling.

These 3 girls have my utmost respect,
because I know that they will be succesful in life.

Some guys prefer the type that fawns over them or need them for protection.
No, I'm not one of them.

If the girl I like is better than me, or more independant,
it doesn't matter.
I'll back her up instead. I don't mind being under her shadow.
I'm a giver more than a taker, people.

Okay, I think I'm done with my rant.
It's honestly been awhile since I last did one.

I may sound wierd, I know,
but it's something I need to let out.


On a last note, I'd like to wish all my friends who are entering Form 6
"Good luck, and all the best. Enjoy the last 2 years of your lives that you have to wear those tacky school uniforms."

It's a lame comment, I know.

=)

No comments: