Thursday, July 17, 2008

More Emotions Spilled Out for The World to See

Oh fate, why do you torment me so? Why do I suffer a painful love life? Why do I not yet feel what it's like to experience a girl's warm and tender love for me?

There you go. A spontaneously made in 2-minutes, half-Shakespearean rant......Not really my style, but it'll do for now.

See, I've always been in love with the opposite gender. And I mean always. My first crush was when I was in kindergarten, for God's sake! It was kinda like those Hollywood movies where the underdog falls for the pretty, long-haired girl that's typically "way over your league, homeboy". She even came with a posse' of 1 that was dedicated to hating my guts.

That aside, I've a few small-time crushes again till I transferred from Sri Garden to MBS primary during Standard 4, where I was virtually cut off from any charming and pretty females for a LONG time.....

Ah....then it was during the ever-so-fateful 50th Merdeka Dance rehearsals that I was introduced to such a wonderful group of girls. Trisha, Ling, Daph, Illyantra, Abby....I met more girls in 1 month that time than I did in 1 decade.....kinda funny when you look at it this way....

Yet still the only love I've ever experienced is unrequited love, after unrequited love after unrequited love and you know the rest......hmph....and here my friends keep ranting about me still being single....

Yes, I'm still single( as if it wasn't painfully obvious already...) and hoping to find a girlfriend sooner rather than later, preferrably after SPM, 'cause studies matter, I guess.....It's sorta ironic, you see. To love so much, but to recieve none in return.....

I don't get it, really. Am I just not cool enough for them? Not handsome or atheltic enough? Because I'm not a tall and slim Interact Club member stereotype? I know I'm not much of a loser. I'm not much of a winner either. I don't even stand out from the crowd even though I'm not a friggin' stereotype.

So what do I have to do? What do I have to do to get her to love me back? Be myself? Yeah, although myself will never win me thy fair maiden's heart....guess I'll just sit it out and wait. Wait until I can finally have my beloved in my arms. Till then, I've got my options open. Although I only know a few girls, it's those select few that I feel I should continue chasing.....


Cheers.
Leon

No comments: