Sunday, March 21, 2010

Summer Time

 
So here I present to you my latest work of art.


 She's a kitsune (fox girl) 
=D

Clouds! I did clouds and an ocean!
This is kind of a hallmark for me as it's my first
actual piece done with a solid background.
Well, the lineart (meaning the girl herself)
was made by godzilla23 on Deviantart and I decided
to use it as a practice for digital painting.
People there in DA usually color linearts from thier
fellow compatriots as a form of practice. I'm glad to finally be in that circle.
 =)
 
The original.
 
Some references from other works were used to get this coloring done right.
 
 Tell me what you think guys think, yea?


5 comments:

giamino said...

well imo...i think the clouds are too low. it looks like a tsunami wave instead of clouds.

but overall it looks good. just need to add more detail on the face and make the shadows more define through out the whole. lol.

just me 2cents since me not illustration studentzzzzz.

Leon Woon said...

Thanks, man. But the ref pic I got the beach background from had the clouds that low too.

Hahaha, hey, any critique/compliment's a good one. XD

Anonymous said...

wow.. the lines are amazing..

Sari said...

hey hey. good job on the highlights and shadows youve got going. i can see you made an effort with the folds there. the clouds are pretty decent too. that aside. i would advice you to place your highlights and shadows carefully. for instance assuming its a sunlight flooded beachside, the sun should be shining right on top of her head. therefore. big blocks of white highlight should be on her crown area. the highlights you have are pretty pale and thin, suitable for moody weather. also dont forget the cast shadow of her arms on her body and her tail on her legs, hair strands and underneck area. and toning down the harsh dark lineart to a lighter colour to suit the soft shading style you have going. youre getting there irvin. keep it up ;)

p/s whats with the white light at her girly bits? virgin light? aha

Leon Woon said...

Thanks Sari! I'll apply what you said onto my next piece. Such valuable intel you have provided. =3

And the white bits? Haha, not so sure myself. Virgin lights? XD