Tuesday, August 25, 2009

As The Skies Begin To Ebb To Gray

I find myself again,
sitting on this cold rooftop,
glancing onto the sunset that bathes me in its orange veil.

My lips remain pursed as this feeling of melancholy envelopes me,
driving me to ponder many a things.

Of one,
I cannot help but wonder if it is destiny that leaves me to be alone.

I have been selfless many times,
bending myself to whims and requests of many.
I do it willingly, of course,
but the irony of the matter is that,
no matter how many times I want to be selfless,
when I try to be selfish for that ever-so-rare occasion,
I am denied?

Why is it that my heart's greatest desire never goes on fulfilled?
Why is it that every time I fall for another,
I am but broken in the end,
never once succeeding?



Just for once, I wish that I could win.
Just for once, I wish she would accept me instead.




No comments: