Thursday, August 19, 2010

Water

It's been months since I last said something here,
and yes, I have kept track.
It's been 3 months, and honestly,
it flew by quickly.

My semester started about the time the previous post about Danny Choo
came up, so yes, it has been that long,
and it sort of scares me time can pass by so quickly.

My 3 weeks' worth of a semester break approaches soon,
and I find myself dreading to spend most of it doing nothing.
Just, nothing.

Being in TOA made me a workaholic,
or, at least, uncomfortable without some form of work in front of me,
some work that needed to be done.
Kai already illustrated that fact
 (not literally, mind.)
and every now and again I keep telling myself to get the sketchbook out and 
just...sketch. To draw. To practice. 

In between an episode of Avatar when I found a shoulder plate design to
 be rather fascinating.
When I'm playing some game that has some design I like.
But no, all I have sketched in recently is this half-hearted sketch of Astrid
(How To Train Your Dragon. I'm obsessed with HiccupxAstrid fanfics now)
and it eats away in me.

I need to get better. I need to practice more on casual sketches that look spot-on
without taking so much time to get the basics right,
be it proportions, or making the clothes just fit,
or whatever.

Still, as I think of the Illustration Fundamental work I'm going to hand up,
and how it contrasts so much with how my art used to be in Form 4 or 5 back
in high school, almost like night and day.
I'll bet my classmates are thinking the same thing right now about their own work. Maybe.

Guess all I can do is look forward and keep on marching, right?


It's funny how pensive one can get all of a sudden.

No comments: