Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Snow

Yuki.

Snow.

Something that I wish would be happening here in KL,
but yeah, no hope for that, since we have no mad scientist
whose only sole purpose in life is to create a snow-day here.

But enough about that,
here's what the post is really about.


Yuki Nagato,
from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

Did I mention that I'm in love with this girl?
Reading The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi just reinforced it,
and makes me impatient for the DVD-ripped version of the movie to come out.

Yes, the studios who made the anime turned that particular plot arc into
a 2-hour+ movie. And I'm really eager to see it.

Why?

Because the otherwise emotion-less Yuki (she's an alien, don't ask)
acts all moe and all-round adorable in that arc,
and it has almost all the fans going nuts over it.

So that's why I made this pic,
to show that side of Yuki that bears real emotion.
XD


And when I was browsing through my folder with all my works in it,
I came across my first Yuki CG, which was done last year,
when I first got this tablet.

And I made a comparison.



Yeah...major difference.

Before: 26th December 2009
After: 3rd May 2010

I still have a long way to go,
and Kai advises me to sharpen my anatomy skills,
so I'll take a break from CG-ing and brush up on it, then,
the pencil once again being my best freind.

But looking at this, goes to show how far I've come in these past few months,
and how far I still have to go to reach the level all Illustrators dream of.

Practice practice practice.

Gotta remember that one.



No comments: